From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Sri Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda|
Sri Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda incarnation of the Dattatreya.
|Devanagari||ಗಣಪತಿ ಸಚ್ಚಿದಾನಂದ ಸ್ವಾಮಿ OR सच्चिदानंद|
|Mantra||Sri Guru Datta Jai Guru Datta!!|
 Spiritual missionSri Swamiji claims he does not discriminate between caste, creed, sect, or religion. His methods to realise the ultimate truth include nama sankeertana, nama japa and other rituals.
Sri Swamiji has pioneered the reinvention and popularization of "Raagaragini Vidya", an ancient musical tradition that is claimed to augment spiritual Sadhana and cure ailments. Sri Swamiji conducts tours of the world to spread spirituality and holds concerts claimed to provide healing benefits. He has installed Datta temples in India, the United States of America (USA) and the West Indies.
Sri Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji is believed by some to be an Avatar of Adiguru Dattatreya. Sri Swamiji's devotees worship Lord Dattatreya with 'Anaghasthami Vratham'.
 Bhajans and Healing MusicSri Swamiji has composed and rendered over 7000 Bhajans on various deities in Kannada, Telugu, Sanskrit, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, and English. He combines his music therapy with ayurveda, psychology, gem therapy and astrology. These Bhajans are very popular among Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji's devotees. Well known musicologist & former Head of Music department, Bangalore University, Dr.Padma Murthy has researched and confirmed that Vekatamakhin Venkatamakhin is a predecessor of Swamiji. Sri Swamiji has toured the world dozens of times spreading the therapeutical aspects of Raga based music. His has given concerts in Lincoln Center, New York, Royal Albert Hall, London.
Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swmaiji says that in this Kaliyuga, only through Bhajans can one invoke God as ordinary people do not have the ability, patience and skill to perform religious austerities.
Sri Swamiji's messages is believed by some to have "captivated the elite and the masses alike" with their import . Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji delivers his spiritual message using short stories from the Puranas and is said to be a Sadguru.
Hyderabad with the project title named 'Ammavodi'.
Sri Swamiji also opened an organization called I-S.E.R.V.E (The Institute of Scientific Research on Vedas) with headquarters in Hyderabad. The project's mission is to decipher the scientific content in ancient vedas.
Ashrama has constructed 8 temples (so far) in the Dalit communities of Mysore & Hunsur town. On 10 June 2009, Ashrama hosted a conference for the Dalits in Ashrama. Datta Peetham offered financial support to 125 Dalit children for their schooling and College. He has built ten temples in Dalit street sweepers colonies in Mysore city
 Vishwam Museum and Bonsai GardenRecent additions to the Ashram include the "Vishwam" Museum and the Bonsai Garden. The museum hosts articles that Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji received as gifts on tours to different countries. It includes articles such as a ship carved in jade from China, a Dasavatharam bowl from the US, a mercury Ganapathy and more. The Bonsai Garden is a collection of bonsai trees in a serene park-like atmosphere. Visitors are encouraged to appreciate the trees and enjoy nature in this garden. This is claimed to be the largest Bonsai tree garden in India. Ashrama recently hosted the International Bonsai convention.
- "See also: www.dattapeetham.com, Lord Dattatreya". http://www.dattapeetham.com/india/datta/datta.html.
- "See also: Ahara Vimaladvaita: Explanation of "Avadhoota Datta Peetham"". http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/jai-guru-datta/443365-avadhoota-datta-peetham.html.
- "See also: www.dattapeetham.com, Sri Swamiji speaks". http://www.dattapeetham.com/india/swamiji/sgsspeaks.html.
- "See also: www.dattapeetham.com, NAMASANKEERTAN". http://www.dattapeetham.com/india/talks/namasankirna.html.
- "See also: www.dattapeetham.com, Sri Swamiji's Music". http://www.dattapeetham.com/india/music/music.html.
- "See also: Jaya Ramanathan, "Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swami's music is soothing, meditative and curative", Life positive, November 1996". http://www.lifepositive.com/body/new-age-therapies/music-therapy/music-healing.asp.
- "See also: Ranjani Govind, "Music extends a healing touch", in: The Hindu, February 10, 2006". Chennai, India. February 10, 2006. http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/02/10/stories/2006021002680500.htm.
- "See also: www.dattapeetham.com, Datta Yoga Centers". http://www.dattapeetham.com/india/centers/centers.html.
- "See also: Lerab, Sri Swamiji singing the bhajan "Ra Ra Sarigama Loluka", May 18, 2001, video on youtube.com". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu0Sy-R_STc.
- "See also: www.dattapeetham.com, Music Therapy". http://www.dattapeetham.com/india/swamiji/sgs4.html.
- "See also: www.dattapeetham.com, Speeches and short sayings". http://www.dattapeetham.com/india/talks/talks.html.
- "See also: www.dattapeetham.com, Ammavodi". http://www.dattapeetham.com/india/socialprojects/amma_vodi/main_page/ammavodi_mainpage.html.
- "See also: "Aid Datta Ashram projects", The Times of India, April 10, 2003". The Times Of India. April 10, 2003. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/42900721.cms.
- "See also: www.dattapeetham.com, Welcome to Ashrama Gardens". http://www.dattapeetham.com/india/gardens/Site/Welcome.html.